IAS Mains Previous Year Paper Political Science (2006)
Paper-I- Political Science-2006 (Mains)
1. Comment on any three of the following in about 200 words each:
(a) "State is individual write large" (Plato)
(b) "THE GENERAL WILL" " .... is not so much the will of the State as the will for the State, ...." (MacIver)
(c) Impact of Globalisation on State Sovereignty.
(d) "..... that the anatomy of this civil society, however, has to be sought in political economy". (Marx)
2. Attempt a critique a Aristotle's ideas on slavery.
3. Do you agree with the view that Political culture of a society is highly significant aspect of the Political System? Give reasons in support of your answer.
4. Explain Gandhi's ideas regarding State and highlight their relationship with modern democracy and principles of anarchism.
5. Comment on any three of the following in about 200 words each:
(a) Ambedkar's Concept of Social Justice
(b) The Concept of Women Empowerment
(c) Judicial Activism
(d) Decentralized Planning
6. Discuss whether coalitional politics has led to a different patterns of federalism in India.
7. Highlight the impact of 73rd Constitutional Amendment on the working of the Panchyati Raj institutions in India.
8. Critically examine the role and contribution of India's bureaucracy in nation building.
Paper-II- Political Science-2006 (Mains)
1. Comment on any three of the following in about 200 words each:-
(a) "International politics, like all politics, is a struggle for power". Comment.
(b) Input-output functions of political system.
(c) "A well-established system of collective security is a guarantee of world peace." Explain.
(d) International Court of Justice.
2. Analyse and evaluate the role of decision-making theory as a tool of foreign policy analysis.
3. "Few agencies of International co-operation have been more successful in tending to the welfare of humanity than the I.L.O" Discuss the organization of activities of the International Labour Organization in the light of the above statement.
4. "The establishment of South Asian Association for Regional Co-operation (SAARC) has opened the gargets of mutual co-operation among the State of South Asia". In the light of this statement examine India's role in the South Asian region.
5. Comment of any three of the following in about 200 words each:-
(a) Give a critical estimate of India's role in the Non-"Aligned Movement
(b) India and the emerging International Economic Order.
(c) Oil crisis: Its impact on India's development strategy.
(d) "India's Foreign Policy could have matched with the fast-changing international system." Discuss it.
6. Give a arguments in Defence of India's approach to Comprehensive Test Ban Treaty (CTBT).
7. Discuss the present state of Indo-Russian relations.
8. Give a critical account of India's rule in the affairs of the Third World countries.