SECTION – A
1. Answer any THREE of the following in not more than 200
words each: 20*3=60
a) You have been asked to establish convergent and
discriminant validity of the Civil Service ( Preliminary
) Test . How would you do it ?
b) Compare gender differences in prevalence of substance
abuse in India.
c) Comment on the role of cognitive factors in the
experience of stress.
d) What psychological priciples can be used to improve
the effectiveness of poverty eradication programmes?
2. a). What are the methodological differences between a
' constructed' and a 'standardized' psychological test?
b). Comment on the limits of psychotherapeutic methods.
c). What are the merits of 'sensitivity training groups' as a
training progarmme in organizations ? 20
3. a). Should children with learning disabilities be taught in
mainstream schools ? Critically examine. 30
b). What , in your view , are the psychological problems
that physically challenge people are more prone to?
4. Discuss the psychological significance of 'group decision'.
How can this be applied in fostering mental health in a
SECTION B :
5. Answer any THREE of the following in not more than 200
words each: 20*3=60
a) What are the psychological consequence of crowding?
b) What psychological processes are associated with a
self fulfilling prophecy ?
c) As a Psychologist , How would you design a
Traning progamme for the defence personal for
Operating in low intensity conflicts areas ?
d). what psychological principles can be used to protect
6.a). Discuss the psychological consequences of 'prolonged'
as well as ' relative' deprivation. 30
b). Evaluate the contribution of psychology in dealing with
the issue of gender discrimination. 30
7. What psychological explanation would you offer
for India's failure in reducing its growth rate significantly ?
8. What processes create out groups? To What extent can
developing super ordinate goals and norms promote
inter-group cooperation and reduce conflicts between