1. Answer anyone of the following questions (in about 250 words): 30
(a) What was the character of social religious reforms in the 19th Century and how did they contribute to the national awakening in India?
(b) The crisis of the colonial order during 1919 and 1939 was directly linked to the constitutional reforms, disillusionment and militant anti-colonial struggles. Elucidate.
2. Answer any two of the following questions (in about 150 words each) : 15*2 = 30
(a) What are the salient features of the Government of India Acts of 1858 and 1909?
(b) Do you think Mahatma Gandhi's support to Khilafat Movement had diluted his secular credentials? Give your argument based on the assessment of events.
(c) Evaluate the contribution of revolutionary terrorism represented by Bhagat Singh to the cause of Indiaâ€™s Struggle of independence.
3. Write about the following (not 20 words each) : 2x15 = 30
(a) Age of Sangam Literature
(c) Ashtadhyayi of Panini
(f) Gandhara Art
(j) R. C. Dutt
4. Answer any two of the following questions (in about 125 words each) : 10*2=20
(a) Explain how the Himalayan and the Tibetan highlands play an important role in the development of the South West monsoon.
(b) Technological changes have brought in a major shift in the use of roads as transport corridors in India.
How far do you agree with this view?
(c) Explain the nature and causes of growing slum problems in the metropolitan cities of India.
5. Write notes on the following (in about 20 words each): 2 x 5= 10
(a) Special Economic Zone (SEZ)
(d) Indira Point
(e) Causes of Chambal Ravines
6. Answer anyone of the following questions (in about 250 words) : 30
(a) What is a Constitution? What are the main sources of the Indian Constitution?
(b) Bring out the differences between the Fundamental Rights and the Directive Principles of State Policy.
Discuss some of the measures taken by the Union and State Governments for the implementation of the Directive Principles of State Policy.
7. Answer anyone of the following questions (in about 250 words): 30
(a). What is regionalism ? In which way regionalism has affected the Indian Polity.
(b). what are the Main determination of voting behavior in India?
8. Answer any two of the following questions (in about 150 words each): 15x2 = 30
(a) What are the exceptions when the President of India is not bound by the aid and advice of the Council of Ministers?
(b) What is pro tem Speaker?
(e) Under what circumstances, Parliament may legislate on State subjects?
9. Answer the following questions (in about 20 words each): 2 x 5 = 10
(a). What is criminalization of politics?
(b). How president of India elected?
(c). what is casting vote?
(d). what is the difference between council of Minister and Cabinet?
(e). what is the importance of Right to constitutional remedies?
10. Answer anyone of the following questions (in about 250 words): 30
(a). what were the main recommendations of the Platform for Action (PFA) adopted at the Beijing Women Conference 1995?
(b) Discuss the steps to get rid of child labour in India.
11. Answer any two of the following questions (in about 125 words each): 10*2=20
(a) What is stealth technology?
(b) Differentiate between Natural and Cultural heritage.
(c) What is value-based politics?
12. Write notes on any two of the following (in about 125 words each) :10*2=20
(a) Integrated Child Services (lCDS) Development
(b) Prime Minister's 5-point agenda for India's development as a knowledge society
(c) The Lokpal Bill.
13. Write short notes on the following ( in about 20 words each ) 2 x 5 = 10
(c) Footloose Industries
(d) The Statue of Liberty