Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) invited applications for the recruitment to the 509 post of Air Force Academy, Indian Military Academy, Indian Naval Academy, and Officers Training Academy. The recruitment of the candidates will be based on the performance of the candidates through Combined Defence Services Examination I, 2013. The candidates eligible for the post can apply online before 10 December 2012.
• Opening Date for Online Registration: 10 November 2012
• Closing Date for Online Registration: 10 December 2012
• Examination Date: 7 February 2013
Details of Examination
• Name of Examination: UPSC Combined Defence Services Examination I
• Number of Vacancies: 509 post
• For Indian Military Academy, the male candidates should not be born earlier than 2nd January, 1990 and not later than 1st January, 1995
• For Indian Naval Academy, the male candidates born not earlier than 2nd January, 1992 (2nd January, 1990 in case of NCC Naval Wing 'C' Certificate holders) and not later than 1st January, 1995.
• For Air Force Academy, the candidate should be not born earlier than 2nd January, 1991 and not later than 1st January, 1995.
• For Officers' Training Academy (SSC Course for Men), the candidates should not be born earlier than 2nd January, 1989 and not later than 1st January, 1995.
• For Officers Training Academy (SSC Women Non-Technical Course), the Unmarried Women, issueless widows who have not remarried and issueless divorcees (in possession of divorce documents) who have not remarried are eligible. They should not be earlier than 2nd January, 1989 and not later than 1st January, 1995.
• The candidates should have degree from recognized University for IMA, Officers' Training Academy posts; Degree from a recognized University (with Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level) Or
• They should have degree of Bachelor of Engineering for Air Force Academy post and for Indian Naval Academy candidates must possess Degree in Engineering.
The application fee for General and OBC candidates is Rs 200 Only. All the /ST/Female candidates are exempted from payment of application fee. The application fee will be paid in in cash at any State Bank of India branch or can also be paid through online mode using Visa/Master credit or debit card of SBI or any other subsidiaries of SBI.
The eligible candidates will be appointed on the basis of their performance in the written examination and performance in Interview/Personality Test.
How to Apply
All the candidates can apply through online mode through UPSC Website before 10 December 2012.