UPSC IAS EXAMS
IAS Preliminary Examination CSAT Paper - 1 (GS)
Every Aspirant needs Syllabus for the reputed IAS exam. you should
download and read the syllabus very carefully and start your
preparations accordingly. IAS Exam has two compulsory papers with MCQ
Questions of 200 marks each. There is no Official Cut-off, and you
must quality in both the papers.
Paper I - (200 marks) Duration : Two hours
* Current events of national and international importance.
* History of India and Indian National Movement.
* Indian and World Geography - Physical, Social, Economic Geography
of India and the World.
* Indian Polity and Governance - Constitution, Political System,
Panchayati Raj, Public Policy, Rights Issues, etc.
* Economic and Social Development -Sustainable Development, Poverty,
Inclusion, Demographics, Social Sector initiatives, etc.
* General issues on Environmental Ecology, Bio-diversity and Climate
Change - that do not require subject specialisation
* General Science.
IAS Preliminary Examination CSAT Paper - 2 (APTITUDE)
Paper II- (200 marks) Duration: Two hours
* Interpersonal skills including communication skills;
* Logical reasoning and analytical ability
* Decision-making and problemsolving
* General mental ability
* Basic numeracy (numbers and their relations, orders of magnitude,
etc.) (Class X level), Data interpretation (charts, graphs,
tables, data sufficiency etc. - Class X level)
* English Language Comprehension skills (Class X level).
Note 1 : Paper-II of the Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination will
be a qualifying paper with minimum qualifying marks fixed at 33%
Note 2 : The questions will be of multiple choice, objective type.
Note 3: It is mandatory for the candidate to appear in both the Papers
of Civil Services (Prelim) Examination for the purpose of evaluation.
Therefore a candidate will be disqualified in case he/she does not
appear in both the papers of Civil Services (Prelim) Examination.